How To Prepare For Your Shoot - Women's
What to Wear for your Business and Personal Branding Headshots:
Your Headshot should reflect your business as well as your personal brand.
Keep your outfits and jewelry simple and classic.
· Fit your form: curve-hugging outfits, especially tops, photograph well. Billowy tops with winged sleeves are flattering in person but the camera does not like them.
· Think different necklines. This will bring variety to your photos. Majority of the shoot will be done above the breast-line so bigger the neck variety, better the photo variety.
· If you want, wear a fitted blazer but forego the shoulder pads or instead try a cardigan or a sheath dress.
· Flatter your arms. Aren’t photos all about arms for most of us? Varying sleeve length is a great way to add diversity to your looks. If arms feature first (to avoid in your mind), then wear something with ¾ sleeve or drape a wrap with just a hint of skin showing through.
· Underpinnings are all very necessary, be it a strapless bra in nude and/or black, black bra for dark clothing, nude bra for other clothing, and shape-wear for concealing.
· Accessorize. Bring jewelry, scarves, wraps, hair accessories to complete the outfit.
How to prepare:
Be sure to completely plan your outfits several days before your photoshoot. Try on each outfit, including underwear and accessories, and make sure everything fits.
· Check for visible panty lines and bra straps.
· Hair-color needs touching up? Eyebrows need shaping? Nails need touching up? Do all that a couple days before the shoot.
· Do laundry. Remove lint and press if needed. Tighten all bra straps for some extra lift.
· Polish your jewels. Wedding rings and other jewelry should sparkle.
· Get organized. Group coordinate pieces of each ensemble together on the same hanger. Example: top + bottom + bra + necklace.
· Do not worry much about shoes. Most shoots are for the top half. But if you are requesting full length shots, please ensure that your shoes are clean, free of scuff and comfortable and the style is classic and timeless.
Day of the Shoot:
· If you are styling yourself:
o Style your hair such that there are no frizzies. The style is classic and timeless.
o Your make up should be matte without much sparkle or shine. Bring your lipstick and matte powder with you in case you need touch-up.
. If you are getting styled in our studio:
o Arrive comfortable. Wear a comfy outfit to your photo-shoot. This is what you’ll be wearing during styling, so choose something easy to remove without messing up your hair or smearing your make up.
o Arrive with washed and un-styled hair. Do not put any spray or mousse in your hair.
o Arrive make up free. If you prefer or are allergic, please bring your own foundation and mascara.
. Be well rested the night before.
Arrive a few minutes early so you are not rushed.
During the shoot:
We will shoot several shots with multiple poses in each outfit (if you have more than one). There may be some awkward bending, standing, craning directions from me. No worries…it is all to get the most beautiful shots of you! So be prepared to give me a genuine smile through your eyes.